SFM’s Functional Medicine Program 1 provides:
- An initial, extended office visit incorporating review of patient’s health history including a review of the patient’s diet, lifestyle and stress management factors.
- Access to SFM’s FM Platform.
- The ordering, interpretation and review of limited specialty functional medicine laboratory tests.
- An on-going integrative focus on diet, lifestyle and stress management.
- The diagnoses of complicated diseases not always effectively addressed in a traditional medicine setting, such as adrenal fatigue, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, food sensitivities, irritable bowel syndrome, etc.
SFM’s Functional Medicine Program 1 includes additional costs:
- A recurring monthly fee of $75.
- The cost of specialty laboratory testing.
- The cost of recommended supplements.
- The cost of complementary services offered.
- What is Functional Medicine?
Functional Medicine addresses complex, chronic diseases by considering symptoms, lifestyle choices and root causes, including unique individual experiences, genetics and health history. Functional medicine is a patient-centered approach to understanding and addressing individual systemic issues in a search for optimal balance and wellness.
- Is all “functional medicine” the same?
All “functional medicine” is not the same. Some providers use “functional wellness” for any treatment of underlying disease processes or any holistic patient approach. Dr. Sparks is one of the few physicians certified by the Institute for Functional Medicine and the American Board of Integrative Holistic Medicine. She is also board certified through the American Board of Family Practice.
- How do patients access SFM’s Functional Medicine Programs?
Prospective patients interested in accessing one of SFM’s Functional Medicine Programs need to complete the corresponding application packet that is reviewed by Dr. Sparks to determine her ability to assist the patient in achieving their stated health objectives. If prospective patients are accepted by Dr. Sparks, they need to execute an agreement that includes the fees for accessing SFM’s FM Platform, (which vary by program).
- What are the costs associated with SFM’s Functional Medicine Platform?
The costs associated with SFM’s Functional Medicine Platform include: 1) The fee to access SFM’s FM Platform; 2) Office visit charges, which may or may not be billed to insurance; 3) The cost of specialty laboratory testing utilized in functional medicine; 4) The cost of supplements recommended and; 5) The cost of complementary services recommended. It is important that prospective patients understand these costs, as the ability to follow recommendations may negate the benefits of functional medicine.